Monday, July 29, 2013

Bed and Breakfast Cherry Crumb Coffee Cake


 

This recipe is now an official breakfast favorite! It is so moist and just SO good. We, obviously, made the cherry version but can not wait to try putting apple or fresh Texas peaches in the center. The crumb topping is especially good with it's sugar and buttery pecan crumbles. Can't wait to have this again! It was gone in two days....(and it was just my husband and I that devoured this...that's so bad) ;)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1- 8 oz. carton sour cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1- 21 oz. can of pie filling-blueberry, cherry, peach, apple, etc.
  • Crumb Topping:
  • ¼ c flour
  • ¼ c sugar
  • ½ c chopped pecans
  • 3 T butter softened
Instructions
  • Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Spread half of batter in a greased 13×9 baking dish. The batter is thick. Spread the pie filling on top of that and top with the remaining batter. It's a bit difficult to spread because it is so thick. I put all of the remaining batter on top before I started to spread. I think this made it a bit easier.
  • Sprinkle with crumb topping.
  • Preheat oven to 375F and bake for 45 mins.
Source: Simplee Sue

7 comments :

  1. OMG...that sounds amazing! I will definitely give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely yummy! I adore cakes with sour cream - as you say they are always so moist... I'm going to make this with a frozen bag of mixed red berries from Aldi (Trader Joe's) which I'll stew down - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deanna. I love cherry recipes and this one looks really delicious! I just had to Pin it!

    Thanks for sharing and have a Sweet Day.
    Heather
    My-Sweet-Mission.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my mouth watering; this looks so delicious! I am pinning now to a couple of my boards; thanks so much for sharing :o)

    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! You always have such great recipes and I can't wait to try this one. I have it pinned, so I can go back to it later. Thank you for sharing at the Less Laundry, More Linking party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any of those flavors would hit the spot. I have been wanting to make coffee cake. Pinned!
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic!! Pinned! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)