Wednesday, July 17, 2013

German Potato Salad


I have always enjoyed having German potato salad with bar b que for as long as I can remember. There is a restaurant, where I grew up, that we would go to occasionally for chopped beef and I would always get German potato salad on the side. Since then, I have always wanted to learn to make the salad.
Last week my husband wanted to have some bar b que and asked me if I'd make some German potato salad along with it. I LOVED the idea! I found this recipe on All Recipes. We both really liked it however, next time, I will not put as much sugar. Other than that it was perfect!

Ingredients:
4 Potatoes
4 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and chop.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
Add the flour, sugar, and water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)