Monday, July 22, 2013

All American Burger Dogs


 

Isn't this the most fun way to eat a hamburger?!?! Make it a Burger Dog!! I ran across this idea on All Recipes and knew immediately that I wanted to make these for my family. I will tell you that they all laughed at me when I told them what we were having for dinner, but NOBODY complained once they started eating. Everyone said, "These are actually really good!" Not sure what was different (because we made them the exact way we make our regular burgers), but I think the fun presentation made them more enjoyable than just a round patty and round buns. ;)

Ingredients:

2 lbs extra lean ground beef
8 hotdog buns
hamburger seasoning (we used Lawry's) 
shredded cheese
dill pickle relish
mustard
mayo
ketchup
onions
lettuce
tomatoes

Directions:

Heat your grill. Make your ground beef into the shape of a hotdog. Season your meat.


Cook on the grill until your meat reaches your desired doneness.

Place patty inside of a hotdog bun and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!! ;)



6 comments :

  1. The burger dogs are so cute! I also like the idea because there are times we run to the store to get hamburger buns when I have hotdog buns sitting in the cupboard. What a great idea! Terri Henkels - Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say Hi! from the Tasty Tuesdays link up! I love the idea of burger dogs - how perfect!!

    ~Lauren @ From Everyday To Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun! I'm a new follower stopping by from Tasty Tuesdays. Thanks for co-hosting!
    Melanie
    http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through Tasty Tuesdays! Oh my, I just want to sink my teeth into those hot dogs! Thanks for the recipe and for co-hosting Tasty Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Tasty Tuesday's What a cute idea! I have got to try this:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a huge hot dog fan but I love the fixins. Now I can have both. Sometimes I see stuff and I think how did I not think of that. This is one of those. I bet you they would be super with chili and cheese! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)