Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Italian Sausage and Cheese Lasagna Rolls


 

Aren't these so pretty!! I love the way these rolls turn out every time I cook them. They look so fancy. ;) This is such a unique and delicious lasagna dish. The individual rolls are a fun and different way of eating lasagna. I have experimented with this recipe a few times and it never seems to go wrong. You can put spinach, chicken, mushrooms, hamburger meat or just what ever sounds good. I have even used Alfredo sauce (Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups) instead of pasta sauce and it really spices things up a bit!! :) These rolls I served  alongside garlic bread, & Cesar salad. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.
 
Ingredients:
12 lasagna noodles
1-2 jars of pasta sauce depending on how much sauce you like
15oz ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grate Parmesan (I'm always overly generous with cheese so I do more than a fourth) ;)
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1 lb Italian Sausage
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Brown your Italian sausage in a skillet.


Boil you lasagna noodles according to your package directions.


While the pasta is cooking combine your cheese, egg & sausage in a bowl. (I leave a little bit of the sausage out so that I can crumble it on top of the rolls.)


When the pasta is done drain, and then lay them on parchment paper side by side. Carefully spoon the mixture onto each noodle evenly. Roll up and place in a greased 9 x13 that has a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom.



Top with remaining sauce, cheese, and sausage crumbles. Bake 45 minutes.


2 comments :

  1. These rolls are so mouth watering! Thank you for writing this simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)