- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Chocolate glaze (recipe follows)
- Colored or chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a donut pan liberally with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and milk and stir together for 1 minute. Add the oil and continue to whisk until just combined. Transfer the batter to a large measuring cup (or a bowl with a spout) for easy pouring.
- Fill each cavity in the pan 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the donuts spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely before icing. Yields 10 to 12 donuts.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the glaze: combine the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and vanilla extract in a double boiler (or in a stainless steel or glass bowl over some simmering water). Stir until the chocolate is melted and everything is incorporated. Use immediately.
So Delicious for all of you chocolate lovers out there!!