Friday, August 9, 2013

Prepaid Debit Card

Disclosure: I've been given the opportunity to review a prepaid debit card from Card.com. All opinions that I write about are 100% my own.

My step daughter is 15!!! I can't believe she will be driving soon. Watch out Texas! ;) Driving on her own means she will be out and about spending money on her own as well. When I was given the opportunity to review a prepaid debit card we thought that this would be a great opportunity to have her practice managing a set amount of money.  It's the same as cash but safer. All loaded funds are 100% FDIC insured.  We thought it was better for her to start learning about managing money now before she goes off to college and we aren't there to help her as often. It's really easy for us to load the card. You can do it straight from your bank account, Western Union, Pay Pal or even transfer money from card to card.

Signing up for a card at Card.com was very easy. You go to Card.com and first get to pick out the design for your card. They have hundreds of choices! This was actually the most difficult part for me because I couldn't decide on one of the many designs for her. She does love pretty landscapes and since it is still summer I chose the Island Get Away theme. Going to the beach is something we have done together as a family for several years and means a lot to all of us. Plus, hopefully when she sees the card it will help to reminder her to SAVE for the next vacation....;)

Lastly you fill out your basic  information, you wait a few seconds to be approved and your card is on it's way! It's that easy!

I just got her card today so now it's time to put some of her money on the card and let her do the shopping....so scary!!!







10 comments :

  1. I LOVE my prepaid debit card, it makes life SO much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great way to start teaching younger people to save and be financially responsible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea for teaching financial responsibility to your children! And less scary of course than opening an account or credit card. A great first step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A prepaid will definitely be the way we go with our daughter win that time comes for her to need one. We still have a few more years though, hopefully. haha! I like that you can add to it from paypal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove prepaid cards, they're perfect for gifts! And I love that you can personalize them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE giving prepaid cards as gifts! They are so fun to give and receive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love using pre-paid debit cards! I've never thought of giveing them as a gift what a great idea! Awesome that you can even customize them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way for a young adult to learn to manage money! I wish I had one of these growing up!

    ReplyDelete

  9. This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. A big thank for posting this article in this website. Keep it up.
    Get credit monitoring service and credit score monitoring winning best credit report monitoring service gives you unlimited access to all 3 reports and scores VISIT HERE http://www.bestcreditreports.com/


    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)