Thursday, February 28, 2013

Amazing Makeover



Supplies:

Glass Jars
Spray Paint
Knobs
Goodies to fill your jars

Directions:

Don't throw those spaghetti and pickle jars away!! Reuse them and make them into something pretty to store stuff in. :)




First, remove the jar lid and drill a hole in the center.


Then, spray paint your lid any color you like. I used Antique Bronze by Krylon.







After your paint has dried place your knob into the hole. The screw on my knobs were really long so I had my husband use one of his fancy tools to cut it down so it didn't hang into whatever I had in the jar. :)





Here are the knobs I chose.



Now, I have to label everything when I get the chance! I LOVE labels! So these poor jars were going to have to get labels too. I decided to use chalkboard paint so that I could change the label whenever I changed what was inside. This is what I like to use:



To make my label area I used blue painting tape and taped off a square on the side of the jar.


Using a foam brush I then filled it in with the black paint.





I had to use about three layers of the chalkboard paint before it became opaque. Once it is dry just remove the tape and your ready to LABEL!!







I think these jars turned out really cute and can't wait to have them in my kitchen to use everyday! I hope that you are inspired to make something pretty out of your old pickle jars too. :) Have a good night!

1 comment :

  1. These are so cute! The knobs are prefect, I will have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)