Talk about good ole comfort food. This dish will not disappoint!! Serve with some hot garlic bread and a side salad and your family will think you are the best thing ever in the kitchen!! Perfect dish to make ahead of time and just throw in the oven when are ready to serve. Also, a great dish to a pot luck or a friend in need of some extra love. :)
1 pound dry ziti pasta
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown the Italian sausage over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix the basil, parsley, & oregano into the ricotta cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, ricotta, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Modified from All Recipes