Some of our favorite cookies that I make are Way To A Man's Heart Cookies. The ingredients in these cookies go so well together and are so delicious. My family devours them in just a few days. While looking at recipes the other day I took one look at these cookie bars and knew that I wanted to make them. Then I looked at the recipe and new why.... they are pretty much the same as our favorite cookies just in a different form and a couple of added ingredients. They didn't disappoint. I made them and took them to a friends for dinner and she said her aunt used to make them every Christmas and are a family favorite. She knows them as Hello Dolly's. Not sure what the original name is for these cookies, but I think they are going to become a family favorite at our house as well. :)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 8 ounces toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut, and brown sugar in a large bowl of electric mixer and mix at low speed.
- Add butter and continue mixing until a crumbly dough forms. Add egg and continue mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of dough for topping. Press remaining dough into bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and corn syrup in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour evenly over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Top evenly with reserved crust mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Let the bars cool completely before cutting into bars.
You may also like these cookies :