Friday, September 20, 2013

Mini Apple Pie


Is this not the cutest mini apple pie you have ever seen?!? My husband laughs at me because I get SO excited when I cook. Nothing makes me happier than to cook something up and have it look pretty on a plate, and be delicious too. I know, I'm a huge nerd, but it brings such joy to my heart when I'm in the kitchen cooking for my family. And now, I get to share my recipes with all of you. :) These pies are a perfect end to any meal and pretty easy to throw together. I hope you enjoyed them as much as we did! Have a great weekend y'all.

Ingredients: 

Crust
1 cup flour
½ tsp salt
⅓ cup chilled vegetable shortening
¼ cup ice water

Filling
Can of Apple Pie Filling

Topping
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp ground nutmeg
⅓ cup chilled butter cut into small pieces

Directions:
First you will make the crust. Simply combine the flour and salt. Then using two knives, or a pastry clender, cut in the shortening until coarse crumbs form. Once the crumbs form start adding a tablespoon of ice water at a time until a dough forms.


Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.



 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

On a floured surface roll out dough and cut into 4x 4 inch circles to make mini pies. I used a lid as a guide to make my circles.



Fit dough to pie pans. I used a cupcake pan. You could also use ramekins.



Fill your mini pie crusts with the apple pie filling.



Lastly you will prepare the topping by combining the brown sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Then cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle on top of the mini pies.


Bake pies until topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbly, about 35 minutes.





 These pies popped right out of my muffin pan beautifully! They are scrumptious!!
 Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Modified from The Happier Homemaker

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)