Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chipotle Mexican Steak Burritos


 

My husband loves going to Chipotle for their steak burritos! I think that he could eat there every week and it would never get old. We also love our local grocery stores marinated steak fajita meat. It is honestly the best meat you will ever have. If you are ever in central to south TX go to HEB and buy their fajita meat. We take it on almost all of our family vacations (we have a lot of family outside of TX) and grill up some fajitas as a thank you for letting us stay with family. It's become tradition. 
So, when I told my husband that I wanted to make some steak burritos he told me that I had to do it right and go with our favorite meat. I hope that you have something similar where you live or at least have a favorite steak marinade for your steak. If not, go to Half Baked Harvest and see her recipe for her steak. She says it is also very good1 :)

Ingredients:

2 lbs marinated fajita steak
black beans
shredded cheese (I used chipotle cheddar and jalapeno jack)
sour cream
guacamole
salsa
cilantro

Cilantro Lime Rice
  • 2-3 cup cooked white rice, hot
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Directions:

Cook the rice according to package directions. When the rice is done cooking, toss in the chopped cilantro and lime juice. Set aside and keep warm.

Start heating your black beans on low.

Heat grill to about 400 degrees. Grill meat to your liking.

Chop meat into 1/2 inch square pieces.

Place 5-6 tortillas at a time in the microwave for one minute wrapped in damp paper towels. In the center of your tortilla, layer the cheeses, hot rice, warm steak, and any add ins you like such as beans, guacamole, sour cream & salsa. Fold the sides of the line of ingredients and roll up the tortilla (try and roll them tight). Repeat with remaining ingredients.


Modified from Half Baked Harvest

1 comment :

  1. This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)