Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DIY No Sew Burlap Table Runner


I have loved decorating our dining room this year for Spring. I've put up subway art, upcycled jars with spring flowers, made a spring wreath, and placed moss & rocks in glass jars with candles. Something though on our table was missing and I wasn't sure what it was. Well, the other day I was reading Chase the Star and she had put together a very simple no-sew table runner on her table. I knew immediately that I loved it and wanted to make one. I love cute, easy, & affordable!!

At Michael's craft store you can buy a roll of burlap, for table runners, for $12. But, if you have a 50% coupon like I did it's even better!! ;) I picked out some green ribbon that went along with the other spring colors I have going on in the dining room, got my glue gun, and got started!

First, I measured the right length of burlap for our table. Then began to hot glue the ribbon along the outer edge of the burlap.



For the corners, I wrapped the end piece over the side piece and hot glued it together. This ribbon has wire in it so it made a really nice crease.




It didn't take me long at all before I was completely done. I really love what this runner adds to our table. I'm SO happy with it!!



Thanks Chase the Star for the great idea!! While I still had the glue gun out and the burlap I decide to decorate a couple more jars that I put in our bedroom. Hee Hee!! They turned out cute too!



12 comments :

  1. Great ribbon! I love it!! Looks great! So happy my little project inspired you! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cute. I'm hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

    I would love to have you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela!! I actually joined your party this morning with my Swiss Chicken recipe, but I just added the burlap runner as well. ;) hope that's ok!!

      Delete
  3. Hi there! Just hopping over via the blog hop :) Your table runner is stunning! You did a beautiful job.

    I am now following you through GFC and Bloglovin and I look forward to visiting again :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,
      Thank you so much!! I loved making the runner and it was so easy. I look forward to getting to know you better too. :)

      Deanna

      Delete
  4. I am totally going to make a new runner for the buffet following your tutorial Deanna! Maybe more than one as it is so cute! I'm thrilled to have you hosting with us too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathe!! It's so easy and I do love the way it turned out. It really brightens up the table. Thanks for allowing me to co host with you guys. I'd love to come back anytime you'll have me. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Deanna! So great to meet you and thank you for co-hosting the hop with all of the wonderful ladies. Look forward to following you on Bloglovin and have a wonderful rest of the week! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, Nice to meet you too. I just went over to your blog and love it!! I'm your newest bloglovin follower. :) Look forward to getting to know you. :)
      Deanna

      Delete
  6. Love it! Especially the no-sew part. Super pretty ribbon too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Weekend Wonders! Hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)