Monday, May 13, 2013

Creamy Chicken and Chile Enchiladas

 

My roommate in college introduced me to this recipe a few years ago. She had several of our college friends over to her house for dinner and she made us this delicious dish. It has since become a monthly meal in our home now. It is so easy to make that you easily find your self throwing this together often. This is a dish that seems to get better over time, so I will make it ahead of time and freeze it or let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before throwing it in the oven.

I love serving these enchiladas with Spanish rice, guacamole, salsa & chips. And if it's a Friday night I like making margarita's!! :) Enjoy!!


Ingredients:
1 lb uncooked chicken breast strips
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, cup into cubes
1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles (I use two because we like extra spice)
1 package (10.5oz) Old El Paso flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas (6 inch)  (I use corn)
2 cans (10oz each) Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3oz)
 
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. (I slow cook chicken breasts ahead of time and season with Rotel. I then freeze and use on recipes like these.)  Stir in cream cheese and chiles; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until blended and cream cheese is melted. 
3. Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas; roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese (we like a lot). Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Makes 12 enchiladas
Source: Old El Paso
post signature

2 comments :

  1. Mmmm... I know what I will be having for supper tonight :) Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of creamy enchiladas is fantastic! I like the look of this! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)