Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Charming Spring Wreath



So, I have been seeing wreaths, center pieces, and many other decor items with the use of large lettering wrapped in yarn, scrapbook paper, etc... And some I have seen wrapped in moss, which I have fallen in love with! So springy!! So, after many months of contemplating what I wanted to make and after looking at some inspiring pictures I decided to make a wreath with the letter R on it, which is the first letter of our last name Ritz. :) This wreath was super easy and fun. Below is how I put it together.

First I wrapped my grapevine wreath in burlap.


Then I bought a wooden R and wrapped it in moss.


I bought moss with a sticky back for easy placement on R.



I traced around the R on the back side of the moss. I made it a little bit larger so that I could fold it over the edge of the R and you wouldn't see any of the wood.


Folding the moss over the R.


I found these cute flowers that I wanted to hot glue to my R.







So CUTE!!

I hot glued my R to the wreath and stuck some spring flowers behind the R.


I loved the way it turned out! Isn't it charming!?!? :)




I hope everyone has a blessed day. :)

3 comments :

  1. Cute blog!! Thanks so much for the follow and for linking up to our party! I'm stopping by to follow you back. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea!!! Thank you so much!! :) Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Wow I've never seen that moss with sticky stuff on the back! Really cool :) I'll have to look for it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders. Hope you're enjoying your week so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)