Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bacon and Tomato Pasta


 

As I have said before my family LOVES pasta dishes and whenever I find a new one we have to try it out.  This dish didn't disappoint us! The sauce is creamy with cheese, tomatoes, and a hint of garlic. So Yummy! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did. :)

Ingredients:
1 lb pasta- I used penne, but you could use any shape you like
2 Tbs butter plus 2 tbs olive oil
onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups half & half
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
salt & pepper
bacon, cooked and diced (I used a whole pack)
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
fresh Basil leaves, chopped

Instructions:
1. Boil the pasta according to the directions.
2. Melt the butter and olive oil together in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is tender.
3. Add the wine and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the half & half, whisking to blend. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss in the bacon, tomatoes and basil.
7. Drain the pasta then mix it with the sauce.
8. Serve it with extra Parmesan and black pepper if you like. Yum!!

Source: Eat at home cooks

5 comments :

  1. This sounds like something my husband and I would love! Following you now via GFC. Looks like you have some good stuff on here!! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen for stopping by and joining gloriously made. I went over to your blog and love it! I'm your newest follower through bloglovin and gfc. :) have a great day.
      Deanna

      Delete
  2. Yum! Bacon and pasta in the same dish? Two of my faves! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm also following you on bloglovin'. I look forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty. I LOVE bacon. I'll have to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)