Thursday, August 22, 2013

Green Chile Enchiladas with roasted tomatillo and garlic


 


I was at the grocery store the other day buying something else on the baking isle and this Green Chile Enchilada sauce caught my eye. The recipe looked and is very easy so I thought I'd give it a try. I love Verde (Green) sauce on my enchiladas and this one is really good. Tastes very similar to authentic Verde sauce. I made this with just cheese, but think I'd enjoy them with chicken and cheese next time. Very tasty!! :)

 Ingredients:

8 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Jalepeno  Jack & Mild Cheddar Cheese


2 Pouches Frontera Enchilada Sauce with roasted tomatillo and garlic




Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap tortillas in a wet paper towel. Microwave on high until steamy hot, about 1 minute.

Roll 1/4 cup cheese into each warm tortilla. Place side by side in an 9 x 13 baking dish seam side down. Completely cover tortillas with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Put into oven right away. Bake until bubble hot, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.

Variations:
Substitute shredded cooked chicken or beef for the cheese in the filling.

This recipe was adapted and modified from: Frontera Green Chile Enchilada Sauce

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)