Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chicken Salad


 

Ingredients:

seasoned shredded chicken
mayo
grapes cut into halves or quarters
1/2 cup of pecans
1/2 cup of sliced celery
cheese slices
croissants

Directions:

When I make chicken salad I like for my chicken to be seasoned. I love buying a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and using it to make chicken salad. It's so yummy! Today, however, I was craving a different flavor. I was wanting something that would give my chicken a tangy kick with a little bit of sweet. While shopping I found Lawry's Hawaiian seasoning and gave it a try. It turned out to be just the flavor I was looking for.


I placed 5 small chicken breasts in my slow cookers and poured the seasoning over each side of the breasts. I then let it cook on low for about five hours. I let it cook until I can easily pull my chicken a part with two forks.

After shredding your chicken add your grape halves, pecans, celery, and enough mayo to lightly cover the whole salad.

I love chicken salad on a croissant with cheese. My husband loves to add a tomato & lettuce. It's all up to you....  How do you like to eat your chicken salad? I'd love to hear. :)

1 comment :

  1. Hi Deanna! Found you through the link party! Happy to be following along on bloglovin. We like to add onion and pepper to chicken salad. My husband likes everything with a little kick to it, haha! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)