Not only is this dish delicious but it makes enough for two casseroles!! Don't you love that?!?! I do, because I make one to serve that night and then I freeze the other to have when we are really busy or I don't know what to make. Plus, this is one of those dishes that gets better over time. SO YUMMY!
- 1 (16oz) package vermicelli
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8oz) container sour cream
- 1 (6oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup (2oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Return to pot, and toss with chicken broth.
- Stir together chicken and next 8 ingredients; add vermicelli, and toss well. Spoon mixture into 2 lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.