Thursday, April 18, 2013

Effortless Beef Pot Roast



I LOVE a good pot roast cooking when I come home from church on a Sunday! There is just something about the smell of it cooking when I walk in the door that takes me back to my childhood and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)  But on a Sunday our house is nuts with all of us taking showers and getting dressed at the same time and trying to make it out the door for the LATE Sunday service at that. ;) So, to make this delicious meal I need something easy that I can do with a toddler hanging on my leg.


All you need:

3 pound chuck roast, thawed or frozen
1 package dry ranch seasoning
1 package brown gravy mix
1 package Italian seasoning mix
3/4 cup water (if using frozen roast, only use 1/2 cup water)

Combine all 3 packages of dry seasoning and cover all sides of roast with mixture. Place in a slow cooker and pour water over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

To go with my roast I cut up potatoes, carrots, and onions and placed them inside the crock pot to cook for the last hour and a half.

Delicious!!


Source: www.mmmcafe.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)