Friday, June 7, 2013

Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Enchiladas


 

I'm sure after reading several of my recipe posts you know by now that I love my slow cooker and I love Mexican food! So, if you can imagine me finding a recipe that includes both...I was beyond thrilled. ;) These enchiladas were very tasty. I did make a few changes. My husband and I love spicy food so I put 2 cans of diced green chilis instead of 1 and I used corn tortillas instead of flour. And, you know me, I used McCormick's Taco seasoning for the seasoning. It's my FAVORITE!!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs lean pork chops
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4oz) can diced green chilis
1 (16oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (1oz) packet taco seasoning
1 package flour tortillas (8-10 count)
2 (10oz) cans red enchilada sauce
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated

Directions:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork chops inside and add onion, chilis, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours. Shred pork with two forks when finished cooking (it should just fall apart after cooking).
Pour one can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.
Place some of the meat mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place rolled tortillas in pan and top with second can of enchilada sauce. Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Source: Six Sisters Stuff

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)