This is another recipe that I made for my mother that is gluten free. She loves King Ranch Chicken and hadn't eaten it since diagnosed with Celiac disease in May. You honestly can not tell the difference between the original and the gluten free. So So Good! The only difference is the condensed soups. I bought the gluten free version. You can see the picture of what I bought below so that you can recognize it in the stores. It's a little more expensive but 100% worth it!
- 1 dozen Mission corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (I use the broth from when I cooked my chicken to shred)
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- garlic powder and salt to taste
- 1 10 3/4oz box of Pacific Organic cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 3/4oz box of Pacific Organic cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel
Preheat oven to 375. Cook chicken and shred. I use the shredded chicken that I previously seasoned, cooked, and froze for later use. You'll find that recipe here, whole chicken cooked in the slow cooker or you can use one can of Rotel tomatoes with about 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker until it just falls a part. Saute peppers and onions using the cooking oil. Blend all ingredients together in a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Below is a picture of the gluten free condensed soups.