Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chicken Parmesan


 

 While I was grocery shopping the other day I was on the soup aisle and ran across Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauce. I usually am on a mission when I'm at the store and don't look for new recipes but for some reason this can caught my eye and I looked at the recipe on the back. It was for Chicken Parmesan. I have never made it before and had always wanted too.  I'm so glad that I stopped because this recipe is really easy and delicious! Another family favorite! :)



Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked spaghetti
1/3 cup Progresso Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (18oz) Progresso Recipe Starters fire-Roasted tomato cooking sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4oz)

Directions:
1. Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
2. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Shake each chicken breast in bread crumb mixture; set aside.
3. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic; cook until garlic starts to brown. Add chicken breasts; cook 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, until browned. Pour Recipe Starters Cooking sauce around chicken; sprinkle chicken with remaining bread crumb mixture and mozzarella cheese. Heat to boiling. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 to 8 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut and cheese is melted. Serve with spaghetti.

Makes 4 servings.



3 comments :

  1. I love chicken parmesan. I haven't tried the recipe starters but this looks delicious. Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday blog hop. Have a wonderful week :) Diane @MamalDiane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about those starters. Would be great for a quick dinner and I love just about anything chicken. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend! Best wishes for tasty dishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another one of my no-boil pasta dishes. I am officially obsessed with this cooking technique! This no-boil pasta is my take on Chicken Parmesan Pasta. It has all the flavors of Chicken Parmesan without the frying. I used chopped chicken in the pasta and added some bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese on top. It was SO delicious! This makes a ton and is very filling. Plan on feeding a crowd or having leftovers for lunch.chicken parmesan recipe

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)