Monday, December 16, 2013

Orange Bow Knots


What a beautiful morning this morning was here in San Antonio! It was cold and the sun was shining brightly through the trees. We are settling nicely into our new home and really enjoying being here. I made these rolls this morning and they were delicious. So easy to make as well. Instead of making my own dough I used Pillsbury bread sticks. This step made this a really easy recipe!  These would be excellent to make during the holidays for friends and family!

Ingredients:

Pillsbury bread sticks (1 can makes 12)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tablespoons orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Open your can of bread sticks and divide into 12 equal parts. Pull each of your dough sections to make them long enough to wrap into a bow/knot.
Bake for 13 minutes or until golden.

Directions for icing:

In a small mixing bowl stir together your powdered sugar, orange juice, and zest. Gradually add your orange juice until you like the consistency of the icing. I only used 2 tablespoons because I liked my icing thicker. Brush it onto your warm rolls. Yum!

Enjoy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)