Friday, January 4, 2013

Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup


Tonight I tried a new potato soup recipe. Oh my goodness was it delicious!! I found the recipe on the It's what's for dinner... blog.

Ingredients:

  • 5 russet potato's
  • 3 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped really fine
  • 64 ounces chicken broth or stock
  • 16 ounces cream cheese
  • bacon, sour cream, chives, or shredded cheese for garnish
Directions:

I found this recipe at around noon on a Friday and didn't have time after running to the grocery store to cook it in the crock pot so I combined all of the ingredients together (except for the garnishes) and brought them to a boil on the stove top. Once the potatos were cooked I put it on low let it simmer  until we were ready to eat (about an hour and a half).
Serve warm topped with bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese, & chives.

A few nights ago we had a honey baked ham and still had left overs. So, I cut all the remaining pieces off and threw them plus the bone into the soup and it made it DELISH!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)