Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spicy Thai Noodles

Ingredients:
  • 1 box linguine or angel hair pasta
  • 1-2 Tbsp crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup sesame oil
  • 6 Tbsp honey
  • 6 Tbsp soy sauce
  • Green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and toasted sesame seeds
Directions:
  • Boil noodles
  • Chop green onions, cilantro, and peanuts.
  • Heat both oils and crushed red pepper over medium heat in a small pan. (2 tbsp makes this dish very spicy. I used only 1 tbsp)
  • Strain out pepper and reserve oil.
  • To oil, whisk in honey and soy sauce.
  • Toss mixture with noodles.
  • Refrigerate overnight or until cold.
  • Before serving, top each individual serving with onions, cilantro, peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
  • Serve cold
My husband, son, and I really enjoyed this recipe. I added some shredded chicken to the pasta and it was very good. This makes an excellent main course or side dish. We had this for lunch yesterday and had plenty of leftovers so I am excited about having it again today!!

Thank you to a small snippet for this great recipe. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and would love a comment. Have a great day. :)